Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & Garden retailer in Ireland with 35 stores nationwide and an online presence. We are proud to be listed as Ireland's Top Retailer by Great Places to Work and an official Best Workplaces for Women for the past three years! We are also recognised by the Irish Centre for Diversity & Inclusion as an accredited Investor in Diversity.
We are now looking for a Deputy Manager to help grow and develop our Sandyford team on a permanent basis.
We are seeking a motivated individual to help develop and encourage our colleagues throughout their day-to-day duties and challenges while supporting the business needs.
Our ideal candidate:
- Retail management experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in leading and developing a team
- Experience of working with business objectives and targets
- An authentic leader who creates an environment where all colleagues can be themselves and give their personal best
- A superb communicator with the ability to articulate messages clearly, listens to others, and engages people in the message being communicated
- Values innovation and trying new ideas
- Recognises the importance of diversity of thought & background as key factors for teams to operate at their best
Main role responsibilities include:
- Delivering excellent customer service by actively mentoring and coaching our in-store team
- Effectively communicating goals and objectives to our team
- Identify business opportunities in your local area
- Responsible for cash and stock control
- Authorise and handle refunds and exchanges
- Inspire and embrace change; recognising where improvements can be made to get better results
- Seek to improve systems and process efficiencies
- Managing performance of your team
- Support talent and succession planning through effective performance management and professional development reviews
- Follow health and safety regulations to maintain excellent operational standards to ensure a safe environment for our colleagues and customers
- Work closely with our horticulturists to ensure our garden centre delivers excellence that inspires our customers
- Collaborate with our Kitchen Design Consultants to provide the best possible customer experience in our showrooms.
- Support the store management team in making the best use of our payroll and headcount budgets
Our benefits include
- Company Pension
- Discounted Healthcare
- Paid Maternity & Parental leave
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Educational Assistance
- Bonus Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Woodie's! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.