Woodie's; the market leader DIY, Home and Garden Retailer in Ireland and official “Great Place to Work” are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic & friendly Horticulturist to join our expanding team. If you would like the opportunity to grow in your career and with a company that will recognise and support you every step of the way, then Woodie's is for you.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant qualification and/or work experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the establishment and maintenance of plants, pruning, fertilizing, pests and diseases
- Ability to use a variety of horticulture tools and equipment
- Experience working with and monitoring annual budgets
- Independent decision-making and problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer skills including Word and Excel
- Ability to perform physically demanding work
- Must have passion, initiative, responsibility and pride in what you do.
- Support the delivery of the store budget for each period and achieving sales and waste targets to budget.
- Maintain the Garden Centre to the highest standards
- Responsible for ordering of stock in the Garden Centre
- Responsible for the management of waste in the Garden Centre
- Delivering exceptional customer service by focusing on the things that matters to customers.
- Deliver expert advice and service to our customers
- Positively interact and communicate with our customers.
- Merchandising Stock to company principles
- Maintain and seek to improve excellent levels of products knowledge
- Actively engage with training plans and mandatory training across skills and products
Contract: Full time 39 hours per week
Rate pay/Salary: €14-16 based on experience
Our benefits include:
- Company Pension for all colleagues
- Colleague Discount – Up to 35% off in-store purchases
- Maternity Leave: Up to 20 weeks paid maternity leave
- Paternity Leave: Up to 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Fertility Leave: Up to 5 days paid per year
- Cycle to work & Tax-Saver Schemes
- Discounted health insurance
- Bonus Scheme
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Parental leave
- Flexible Annual Leave: Purchase up to 2 weeks additional leave per year
- Paid Charity Leave: Make a positive impact with two paid days for charity work!
- Service Days: Increased annual leave entitlements linked to service
- Earlypay: Draw-down a portion of your earned wages early if needed!
- Flexiwage: Choose how you budget & manage your pay frequency!
- Savings Club
- Educational Assistance
- Wellness initiatives
We appreciate that not every applicant will meet all of the requirements listed in our job description. If you have passion, drive and some of the skills or experience we’re looking for, we encourage you to apply! We welcome & encourage applicants from all walks of life!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Woodie's! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.