Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home & Garden retailer in Ireland with 35 stores nationwide and an online presence. We are proud to be listed as Ireland's Top Retailer in the Great Places to Work Index, as well as one of Europe’s 75 Best Large Workplaces and an official Best Workplaces for Women! We are also recognised by the Irish Centre for Diversity & Inclusion as an accredited Investor in Diversity.
We have an opportunity to join our Loss Prevention Team as an Internal Auditor reporting to the Loss Prevention Manager.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the development and implementation of the Group Internal Audit plan at a business level – both in stores and support office.
- Helping to ensure compliance with Operating and Accounting policies and Corporate Governance Standards.
- Manage Loss Prevention Budget and all related Capex requirements.
- Support the improvement of procedures and processes to ensure that the best service delivery is given to our stakeholders and the wider business.
- Attending store stock-takes to ensure that correct counting processes and procedures are being followed. Delivering reports on same to all stakeholders.
- Help drive continuous improvement across the Group IA team and the wider business.
- Delivery of stock count schedules and reporting and deliver training as and when required.
- Undertakes reviews & investigations on any irregular activities that arise in stores.
- Meet regularly with FC & CFO to review every audit cycle.
- Qualified Accountant ACA or ACCA
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of the professional practice of internal audit.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Highly organised and ability to take charge of time-sensitive tasks.
- Superb analytical skills
- Ability to drive continuous development and improvement.
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of the company, in a professional manner whilst acknowledging confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages (Excel & Power BI)
Our benefits include.
- Company Pension
- Discounted Healthcare
- Paid Maternity & Parental leave.
- Sick Pay Scheme
- Educational Assistance
- Bonus Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Woodie's! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.