Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home& Garden retailer in Ireland with 35 stores nationwide and an online presence. We are proud to be listed as Ireland's Top Retailer by Great Places to Work and an official Best Workplace for Women for the past three years! We are also recognised by the Irish Centre for Diversity & Inclusion as an accredited Investor in Diversity
We have an opportunity to join our Commercial Team as a Space Planner.
The role of the Space Planner is to ensure that the Woodies stores have effective planograms which are designed to maximise store sales and profitability, and that these planograms are implemented throughout our all of our retail outlets. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual seeking experience maximising sales and profitability through the production of layout plans that reflect the business strategy. The Space planner will be required to play a vital role in helping the business to achieve optimum space usage across the relevant product categories through the manipulation of space and range as well as maximising opportunities via the management of effective store layouts whilst maintaining the aesthetics of the store. You will be required to build planograms in line with business guidelines set out by the category vision so that stores can implement the plans in line with time and budget guidelines. This will be achieved by forging relationships with internal and external partners, making recommendations to improve Space Planning efficiencies and managing ad hoc projects within the merchandising & space planning team.
- Collaborate closely with the commercial teams to prepare planograms that support category plans to achieve budgeted guidelines
- Update the store planograms database accurately and optimally
- Maintain the Space Planning Product dimension library and ensure product images are kept up to date
- Proactively monitor and review planogram performance to produce reports with the aim to maximise space productivity
- Stay current with market trends in competitor retailers
- Collate and prepare monthly Promotional plans for Woodies stores and issue to specific communications to the teams
- Relevant experience in a similar role (or in-store experience)
- Experience of space planning software for planogram production
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- A proficiency in Microsoft office suite of programs especially Excel
- The ability to plan and work to deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion and curiosity for retailing and understanding of customer habits and buying needs
- Previous experience in JDA Space Planning software (or similar) is an advantage
Our benefits include:
- Hybrid working (3 days on-site in Tallaght and 2 days remote-working each week)
- Colleague Discount
- Company Pension
- Wellness Initiatives
- Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
- Sick-pay scheme
- Flexi-Wage - Choose your own pay cycle!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Woodie's. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.