Woodie's is the market-leading DIY, Home& Garden retailer in Ireland with 35 stores nationwide and an online presence. We are proud to be listed as Ireland's Top Retailer by Great Places to Work and an official Best Workplace for Women! We are also listed as one of the 75 Best Large Workplaces in Europe and are recognised by the Irish Centre for Diversity & Inclusion as an accredited Investor in Diversity.
We are seeking an experienced Sustainability Manager to join our Support Office team.
Our ideal candidate:
- An inspiring, engaging, and motivational leader.
- Someone who Is adept at crafting sustainability strategies for a large multi-site business.
- Someone who can encourage people to bring new ideas and try new approaches as well inspiring them through their own.
- A natural collaborator – someone who can work well with a range of stakeholders, establish productive relationships, and see things from different perspectives.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in the key areas of sustainability (environmental, ecosystems and social).
- Proven experience working with purchasing colleagues and suppliers on sustainable sourcing and product development.
- Analytical and critical thinking with a pragmatic approach to commercial matters.
- Champion & encourage an understanding and a culture of sustainability in the business
- Create a clear and measurable sustainability framework that is aligned to our group sustainability goals
- Collaborate with colleagues & suppliers to understand sustainability opportunities and to achieve buy-in for our sustainability goals.
- Support a great working environment, creating a highly engaged and motivated team, who understand their objectives and their role in achieving them
- Collaborate closely with HR to develop colleague training initiatives
- Challenge, review, evaluate and update existing internal controls & procedures
- Ensure that all relevant company policies and procedures are being followed and improve processes and policies where needed
- Maintaining a professional image for the company in all dealings with both internal and external partners
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the business
Our benefits include:
- Hybrid working (3 days on-site in Tallaght and 2 days remote-working each week)
- Annual Bonus Scheme
- Colleague Discount
- Company Pension
- Wellness Initiatives
- Paid Parental leave
- Discounted Healthcare
- Flexi-Wage - Choose your own pay cycle!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Woodie's. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.